Why W Fund?
The next Jeff Bezos will be a woman or underrepresented founder. And the W Fund intends to fund them.
We’ve seen firsthand the power of underestimated founders, and we know our next $1B companies will be led by women and underrepresented people.
We have a singular focus on fueling the startup ecosystem, aggregating capital, and deploying funds to women and diverse-led tech startups solving the biggest problems and driving the future of tech. Read our Investment Thesis to learn about the ROI of investing in diverse founders.
The W Fund is structured to make the biggest impact possible on as many levels as possible. A few ways we do this:
- Directly investing in outstanding companies with strong potential for venture returns and led by innovative leaders from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Normalizing portfolio company diversity and inclusion of employees, workplace, board, advisors and investors.
- Establishing VC-in-Residence, carry-holding investment positions to open a path to VC for exceptional people who would otherwise not have that access.
- Diversifying our Limited Partners, providing them with investing, operating and leadership skills-building programming, and equipping them to be inclusive in activities outside our fund.
Founded by leaders:
In the News
- “Doing deals through Zoom? These investors have some tips.” (TechCrunch) 12 March 2020
- “Female entrepreneurs are finally getting more VC bucks.” (Crain’s) 3 March 2020
- “How to make a deal with a VC at a tech conference.” (TechCrunch) 24 February 2020
- VC Investors Panel (Carta) 23 February 2020
If you believe, as we do, that there’s an incredible opportunity in investing in a new class of diverse founders who are creating the future of tech, we’d love to talk with you about becoming an LP.